Connecting state and local government leaders
Route Fifty is honored to recognize these 10 outstanding individuals and teams working in or with state and local governments.
We were so pleased to announce our 10 winners from the 2017 Navigator Awards program during a great ceremony Wednesday night at the Mint Museum in Charlotte, North Carolina, which is currently hosting the National League of Cities annual City Summit.
Earlier this year, Route Fifty sought nominations for individuals and teams working in or with state and local governments to implement great ideas and deliver impactful services in the communities they serve.
Out of that pool of nominations, we selected 50 finalists across five categories: Government Allies and Cross-Sector Partners; State and Local Executive Leadership; Agency and Department Leadership; Next Generation; and Data and IT Innovators.
Out of those 50 finalists, we selected 10 winners, two per category. We’re honored and proud to recognize the following 10 individuals and teams, listed below.
Learn more about them in this special eBook, which is free and ready for download.
Government Allies and Cross-Sector Partners:
- Diana Yazzie Devine, President and CEO of Native American Connections
- Team from What Works Cities
State and Local Executive Leadership:
- Colorado Lt. Gov. Donna Lynne
- Jack Kennedy, Clerk of the Wise County and City of Norton Circuit Court, Virginia
Agency and Department Leadership:
- Nicholas Higgins and Team, Telestory from Brooklyn Public Library, New York City
- Vance Taylor, chief of the Office of Access and Functional Needs within the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services
- Stacy Schweikhart, Community Relations Director, Kettering, Ohio
- Mickey Rogers and Team, Arizona State Parks and Trails
Data and IT Innovators:
- Richard “Dickie” Howze, Chief Information Officer, State of Louisiana
- Deepak Agarwal and Team, Palm Beach County School District IT Division, Florida